Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Strange Fellow (2012)

I was walking my dog in Mid-April in my neighborhood as always during the afternoon. We were in the middle of another Indian Summer (it was abnormally very hot, around 92F that day). Other than the heat, it was no different than any other day. I looked over to my left as I saw someone walking. However, this person looked very unique and odd, and I had never seen him before. A guy that looked like this I would definitely have noticed before.

He was oddly short, maybe 4ft. tall. He had strikingly white skin (When I say white I mean whiter than any goth or redhead person could ever be. I am talking paper white.) His nose was narrow and pointy. He had an Abe Lincoln like beard. His hair was blonde. He was very thin; yet not boney. His walking stride was kinda clunky and his upper body seemed to flow differently then his legs and feet.

Now his clothes were just as odd. Honestly, it was very much like lederhosen. (Never would you see in my state, city, neighborhood someone wearing lederhosen; except, very rarely at an Oktober-Fest in October only). The hat he was wearing was kinda like a "Robin Hood" type pointed hat (I cannot remember the color). His shirt was a short sleeved, lighter reddish color. He had suspenders on that were black or close to black. His shorts were dark brown and looked like leather. He was wearing socks to his knees (I cannot remember the color). He had large clunky, bulky boots that were a darker color.

Well of course this guy looks really odd, but his actions add to the mystery.

When I first saw him he had just came walking out out of nowhere and I swear it seemed as if he walked out of a huge evergreen bush (12ft. tall and maybe 20ft.long). He never looked once at me and I was only ~60ft. away. Both my dog and I starred at him with a kind of amazement. He just kept walking in a straight line towards a small forest (maybe 20 yards wide and 200 yards long). He eventually stepped into the not very dense forest. I instantly started walking towards the forest as well. Within 10 seconds after he walked in, I walked into the forest at the same spot. I could easily see 50-60 yards through the forest, but I did not see him. I was very quiet and listened to hear footsteps (the bottom of the forest floor has tons of crunchy leaves) but I heard absolute silence. I walked halfway through the forest and still saw and heard nothing. The Strange Fellow just vanished!

Since this encounter, I have never seen him again. Nor have I ever seen anyone in my community that even closely resembles this guy. I still daily walk through these woods with my dog and have never seen anyone ever in there. It is an oddly abandoned small forest... no real life, but crows,blackbirds and sparrows.

No comments: