Sunday, June 17, 2012

Seeing the Soul? (2005)

This story comes from my journal which I wrote the day after it occurred to me. It was an extremely stunning experience! I remember today as vivid as I did that night. I still ponder what it actually was.

In December 2005, early in the morning (3:33 am), I awoke to a degree in a half-state of consciousness. Just prior to awaking I had a dream of pure darkness. Not darkness in the comparison to a bad dream, but more as finding myself moving farther away from my physical state of being. (Yes, it does sound like an astral projection or an out of body experience; yet, I have had those experiences many times before and this was different, at least in ending.)

I was dreaming of my soul rising away from my physical body sleeping. I could see my body remaining on the bed. I passed through the curtains out of the window. I looked back at my home and then my neighborhood. Quickly I passed through the Earth's atmosphere. I saw the blackness of space with only stars far off being the only sources of light. This whole time I felt pure silence and numbness, exactly like my past out of body experiences.

Suddenly, I felt a whirlpool of energy spinning fast around me. (In my past OBE and AP I had never encountered this vortex of energy)  Instantly, I was lying again in my bed. I was completely awake at this point; but, I could not move or open my eyes. I was paralyzed and awake. A growing energy mass was spinning just above my chest. It was making a very deep pulsating sound and the pressure on my chest from the energy form was intense. My eyes could still not open as I began to here the sounds of my fan running in the room and the vehicles on the nearby highway. The power source seemed to get louder and louder, yet it seemed now to be fully within my head.

After what seemed like minutes of paralysis, but with full awareness; I urged myself with all my energy to open my eyes. My eyes slightly opened and I saw the object of the energy/ noise. The best way it could be best described was a watery, blackish, void-like, and slightly transparent vortex spinning fast much like a tornado. It was just barely touching my chest with the small end of the cone-like vortex. As I was still frozen in place I opened my eyes fully; now I was not scared but mesmerized. Many things were running through my head; is this death, is this my soul, is this an entity of some sort, is this an abduction, is this a portal, is this a spirit? The sound became deeper and more like a "whoomping sound". I tried more to move, but I was still frozen in place. Now I was not scared in anyway. I just accepted the moment and closed my eyes. A soft warmness overcame my body. My breathing was so relaxed to a point that I felt no need to breath. The warmness spread and I felt that maybe this is my soul returning to my body after a journey. The ease and peace was intense. After a minute I felt whole again and complete. My eyes could now easily open as the feeling of tranquility grew. It was night and I was back.

  

No comments: