Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Oberon and the Red Fox (2008)

This story comes from my journal. It was a strong astral dream I had in July 2009. My notes start with the following: "The astral dream was faint at first, then fast and powerful, then ended just at fast."

I was in a familiar forest and it was covered with downed branches, brush, and trees. I was not quite sure what I was doing. I do remember a presence, a large yet invisible presence next to and around me. I never saw the presence. It spoke to me in a deep yet calm smoothing voice.

I saw in the distance under the deep brush and broken branches; a scrappy, worn and old red fox. I remember a faint voice off in the distance saying not to approach the old fox. Suddenly the old red fox was wandering quietly towards me. Before I could move he was standing by my side. I wearyingly and cautiously reached my hand out. I felt no fear. He was very rough looking with large patches of hair missing. The old fox reached his head towards my hand and smelled it. Shockingly, he licked my hand and made a human-like smile.

Another voice (a different voice then before) softly and calmly said; "Oberon". I repeated the name in my head trying to remember where I have heard that name. Again the voice spoke out (slightly different); "Auberon". Then I recalled whom it was; Oberon, King of the Elves.

I suddenly awoke with a sharp breath of air.

No comments: