Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Ritual for Pan with a Friend (2007 Part 1)

Pan "The Great Horned God, King of Mount Arcadia, Hoofed Lord of Forest"  has been my patron deity and oneness since my teens when it was finally revealed that he had chosen me and I had found him. My life aligned with him has been full of challenges both with great reward and some with hard lessons. Much like Pan's life as a god, my life has mirrored his stories, legends and behaviors; yet of course, in this physical realm of humans. I have seen Pan in actual physical manifestations, meta-physical forms, dream forms, meditational forms; and I have felt his presence in energy forms, spiritual presence, physical world unseen but knowing he is there and in alternative planes of existence. This story is one which has been shared many times by a friend of mine and by me; now everyone whom knows me, knows of this true story. I offer it to all whom doubt that Pan (or gods) are not real and never appear physically on this plane. This story has a very credible witness that wanted to "see" Pan and asked me over and over for months to take him with me to a personal ritual. I gave him what he wished.

Chuck was a nice guy in his early twenties. He was a few years into the "new age" scene searching for anything non-traditional, alternative and off the mainstream grid. (I knew and know many people in the "new age" trend, but I never considered myself even to this day a "new age" person. My way of life is natural to me and the only one I want and choose. I live Pan, do true rituals, really work in nature, and actually see and align myself with nature spirits. This life comes natural to me and was not picked out of books like many people do. I don't dislike new ager's, but they do annoy me often with "whats the hot trend today, alternative religion" and follow it aimlessly with no real dedication or intent.) So back to Chuck. He became a rather good friend in 2006. He unlike many other new ager's was college educated, smart, level headed, wise, driven to succeed and well rounded. His main agenda was to learn and experiment so he could become even wiser and gain more knowledge. I was always quite like him with regards to always wanting to learn, experience different things and live life to its fullest. Hence, we became friends.

Chuck right away started listening to my speeches and about my classes I taught on nature, gods, nature spirits, naturalism, shamanism and aspecting; he was deeply intrigued. I always see students or not close friends that seek my knowledge or insight as just that (acquaintance level information only); I would give no special attention or really deep inside information. I still to this day feel that deep, powerful information, wisdom, rituals and knowledge should never be taught or released to anyone; unless, they are the closest and most trusted of friends seeking information. Chuck moved quickly into this realm with me. I trusted him and liked what he was seeking to learn.

Chuck about 2 years after knowing him started asking me all the time if he could go with me to actually see or feel Pan for real (he sought this because I have openly spoken about many of my encounters with Pan). I share my many of my personal experiences with real life one on one physical, non-physical and multi-dimensional encounters with Pan and other things; because I want people to know this is very real. After putting Chuck off for a few months I gave him an ultimatum: If he is truly interested with full intent; I would give him a one day prior notice that he could join me in a personal ritual. He had only one shot and if he said no he would never be asked to join me again. (This is a technique I have always used to weed out the true, full intent people that have reached the trust level with me that want to join me in a ritual and it works brilliantly. Also, I would never ask someone to join me if I knew they were working or had prior obligations the next day, that would just be rude and very egotistical of me.) The day came when I felt it would be the perfect evening for a ritual with Chuck joining me. It was the week after the first day of summer. I called Chuck and he excitedly agreed.

I picked up Chuck just prior to midnight and we headed off to one of my favorite spots. (Over the years I have sought out excellent spots for meditation, ritual, celebrating with nature spirits (faeries and such) and places to make offerings. When I do find a great spot it is usually because I get a deep feeling and sensitivity to something particular to that spot. I have some spots strictly for working with Pan, because there is a powerful presence of Pan at that spot.) This spot I was taking Chuck to was one of my strongest ritual locations. I felt is was the perfect place for him to get very close with Pan.

As we were walking down through the forest to the ritual location I told Chuck that this place is 100% secret and has become very powerful and sacred over the years of my rituals and offerings there. Also I gave him some rules, with the most important rule being, to Never return to this spot without me. If Chuck were to return here to just walk through that is fine, but he could never bring anyone here or to attempt a ritual here or to "party" and "hangout" here. If any of these warnings I gave him were broken, it could effect him in a seriously, negative way. (Sacred locations with directed ritual and offerings to one particular deity empowers a place to extremes over the years. Anyone disrupting, interfering, disrespecting or altering these locations can be hurt mentally, physically, spiritually or even cursed by the energy there, protective barriers setup, nature spirits or possibly by the deity which is worshiped there.)

The ritual went very well and at the proper time when I felt Pan's presence strongly observing us, I asked Pan if he was willing to come forth physically. Shortly afterwards a very faint fog enclosed the entire area around us getting slightly denser over a few minutes. (The majority of the times when I have encountered Pan in physical form, a light, misty fog preceded his coming. Sometimes you can hear him walking around you at a distance, sometimes you get a fleeting glimpse, sometimes you hear his voice speaking to you and rarely, but it happens, you see a full body physical appearance walking through the misty fog or staring at you.) I told Chuck at this point he was approaching and to be silent, don't move and only allow me to speak. I called to Pan and praised him; "io, io Pan is here". We next heard hoof clops slowly walking on the rock floor under a natural old rock shelter that was across the shallow river from us. (Quickly, this ritual area is located on the banks of an old, meandering, small river under a 300 year old sycamore tree. On the opposite side of the river is a large, ancient rock shelter the floor of the rock shelter is solid flat rock. The entire site is in a forest lined valley full of 300 plus year old trees and dense brush. It is a difficult site to get to with only one path in and out.)

As Pan walked slowly across the river from us, I knew he was cautiously observing the situation and why Chuck was with me. Chuck nervously grabbed my arm and quietly said, "holy shit this is real, like really real, I am nervous as hell". I told him to relax and don't move. As I continued to praise Pan we heard him wading in the river 50 feet or so north of us. He walked up the bank about 40 ft away from us and he was slowly moving through the dense brush with ease. He was more circling us then coming directly towards us. I looked at Chuck and he was frozen still and obviously in deep fear. (Deep fear is a very real thing with Pan; after all, Pan is the bringer of fear. The root of the word panic comes from Pan. I myself, my first few times encountering Pan suffered deep panic and piercing fear and I could not move.) After a minute or so, Pan had almost completely circled us coming in closer and closer.

Pan came to a stop roughly 20 feet away behind some dense bushes, tall grasses and shrubs. There was still a light misty fog which seemed now flow in all directions and beginning to dissipate. As the fog got very thin, we saw Pan standing partially exposed physically manifested behind the shrubs and bushes. The right side of his upper body and full head was exposed but shrouded in the darkness of the night. His hand was hanging by his side swinging mildly. His face was rather blank, with his eyes scrunched as if he was pondering curiously at us. His horns were fully exposed, this time his horns were of the curled ram type and not large but equally proportioned to his head. He had the typical wild, hairy beard. His chest was bear and physically average in build. He suddenly began to quickly fade out of vision and within a few seconds he had disappeared. (The whole visual observation of Pan standing there was about 20 seconds.)

I peered over to Chuck who was directly facing the same direction as me and he witnessed the whole thing. He was shaking and frozen still with a blank stare on his face with his eyes wide open. I shook him lightly and he kept saying he was really scared. I told to relax and wait. I started praising and speaking out to Pan again. We could still feel his presence. In a mild light faint-like voice we heard from what seemed to be above us and around us, "I am honored." Everything after this quickly lifted and the ritual was over.

On our walk back to the vehicle Chuck was excited and overwhelmed with everything that happened. He kept saying that he could not believe what happened. He must have said twenty times to me that everything I have said and taught was absolutely true and very real. I was happy that yet another person saw Pan with me while in ritual.

No comments: