Friday, June 3, 2011

Dragonfly Encounters After My Dream (2008-9)

After my dragonfly dream (previous post) I had two personal interesting encounters with dragonflies. Dated July 05, 2008 and June 3, 2009.

     July 5, 2008. I was at my boat yard today. We had just come back from a long day of relaxation on the water. I went into the boat yard's restroom (which is open aired and usually dirty). I noticed a large blue dragonfly stuck in a large spider's web. I went up and barely touched the web and the dragonfly flew free. The blue dragonfly flew and came back and landed on my thumb. I just observed it and laughed. Then I noticed it didn't want to leave my hand. (I must admit that I thought it was awesome that it liked me, but I found it odd that it would not take off) So I decided to try to make it go away. I shook my hand and blew on it but it would not let go. So I walked out of the restroom and back to my truck, it moved from my thumb to my wrist. I sat on my truck for about 3 minutes talking to the dragonfly and eventually after bonding it flew off. It did however do about 4 fly-bys around my head, as to say thanks.

     June 3, 2009. I pulled up to the park ready for a brief walk into woods. Dragonflies surrounded my truck when I pulled up. They were very pretty. They seemed to be urging me to please get out. When I got out one quickly landed on my shoulder. I said, "hi" and started walking. It sat on my shoulder for about 2 or 3 minutes before departing. When I entered the forest I looked back and noticed that the whole flock of dragonflies were "following" me. As I walked through the forest that day, the flock stayed around me the whole time. I left the forest after about 1 hour and headed towards my truck. Even upon reaching my truck the entire crew of dragonflies were still following me and occasionally landing on me. When I got in my truck they seemed to hover around the windows sad to see me go.

No comments: