Sunday, March 16, 2014

Scribing at the Library of Alexandria (2014)

This dream I just had the other evening. It was very similar to other prophetic dreams I have had over the years regarding the ancient Greek and Roman era. In these dreams I am myself, yet I am always observing or doing some sort of interactive work with people of that ancient era. Sometimes I am working with gods and demi-gods; and at other times I am just working in places of importance from the classical period. This is one I found rather intriguing.

I found myself sitting at a large, very long table in a massive room. The room was full of large marble pillars holding the ceiling up. The walls were full of shelves loaded with rolled up scrolls and large stacks of papyrus and maps. There were lots of beautiful ancient Greek and Egyptian style amphoras stacked upon the shelves and lining the corners of the walls. I realized this was an ancient library.

After observing the room and settling in I knew I was there for some reason and I quickly got my answer. An old, tan skinned man in off white robes with a long white beard and balding head approached me. A very attractive tanned, wavy blonde haired, rather short, young woman was following the man. She was holding an arm full of papyrus. He asked her to sit next to me and to place the papyrus scrolls on the table. The majority of the scrolls were blank and some appeared even older and very worn out. The worn out, old scrolls were full of ancient Greek text and some drawings. I knew now I was being given a job to do. The old man very kindly asked me to translate the scrolls to the young girl and then to duplicate the text onto the new blank papyrus pages. He said that she was to be my student as I was his student once.

The young woman started by trying to interpret the drawings .She asked me if, "Perephone was a giant snake?". I said, "No, she was the queen of the underworld. She was tricked and kidnapped by Hades, king of the underworld and he made her his wife. She was torn in her life. She loved ruling the souls of the dead, but missed her life in nature as a fore bringer of spring". At this point I knew that I was translating and replicating the story of Persephone on new papyrus scrolls for historical record. She next asked me, "Can't Persephone just leave?" I told her, "It is not possible to leave once you enter the underworld; however, there is two ways to be banished or removed from the underworld. The first way is to be sent out by Hades himself or the second way is for Hermes to enter and guide you out without Hades knowing. Persephone remains torn in her life and has never asked Hades to leave". She replied with, "Why would Hermes not help her?" I told her that, "Hermes has no invested interest in the subject." She said, "How do you know?" The next thing I responded with was powerful to me, myself, and made circles around my life. I told her, "Hermes is my father and I know his thoughts on many topics." Throughout my life my patron deity is Pan whom I have a oneness with and know that I am a living embodiment of. Pan is the son of Hermes.

After we finished our work I stood up and walked to the front of the library to seek out the old man which gave me the instructions. I found him at the very front of the library at a massive table full of written scrolls, maps and strange objects. He peacefully stood up and said, "Thank you for your service to the Library of Alexandria. May our works live on endlessly to record the true history of mankind for the gods." At that point I awoke from my dream feeling very peaceful and relaxed.

No comments: