Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Inner Sanctum Project (2013)

I had this dream just the other evening. It was quite brief and direct. Nothing much else to say, but it was a quick dimensional travel to a world of forgotten gods and heros.

My dream started with me hanging around in an ancient period of time amongst many people and creatures in a massive marble built series of rooms. All the structures were worn down and dirty (almost to the point of ruins). The rooms were very large, being hundreds of feet across and thirty plus feet tall. Large marble pillars held all of the ceilings up and divided the rooms. The floors were like one massive flat grade of marble surface; smooth, gray, cold and moist. The exit/ entrance of each room was a large, ancient, squared archway.

My story began as I stood in a far corner of the main room (later I found out it was called the inner temple/ sanctum). I was speaking to a few individuals which I cannot remember anything about other than a fading everyday conversion. Many people and creatures wandered with daily intent throughout the structure. At this point I felt within my dream that some sort of reconstruction was in place. Suddenly all became quiet and everyone froze in place. A distant, buffered and growing louder thump... thump started approaching from down a long hallway.

The loud footsteps stopped at the main archway and before us stood a twenty foot tall humanoid. He was middle-aged with a full yet short brown beard and short messy brown hair. He wore clothes which are more common to today's humans; cut-off dark jeans with a red and black flannel shirt. His build was massive and very intimidating. He looked very annoyed by his facial features.

The next step the giant made was to walk under the archway and press his hands and shoulders against the archway's top beam. He pressed upwards with no straining and pushed the beam upwards. The beam made a loud boom and "snapped" into place. Dust, gravel and dirt fell down all over him. He shook off the dirt and immediately made eye contact with me. (This honestly scared me badly). At that very point I said "Hercules".

Hercules (yes it was) started briskly walking towards me, as people moved quickly aside. He stopped a few feet from me and stared down. With a stern voice he said to me, "You build a maze in this sanctum! With a thousand walls and a thousand plants and trees. Don't Fail!" Then he walked off fast and disappeared down the long hallway.

My initial fear of him "Hercules" faded quickly and I became angry. I asked, "Why would he dare demand me to complete such a massive task when we stand on equal grounds in the heavens?" I left the room by myself and wandered the ancient streets trying to make sense of this all. Next I found myself coming across the presence of a very old man. He had a white beard, white bushy hair and skin as white as snow. He was dressed very simple.

As we casually walked together down the old streets and alleyways, the old man asked, "What is bothering you?" I told him of my encounter with Hercules and his demands of me. He nodded and replied, "Ah Yes, the old inner temple project. A lot of work to done, but it will be a wonder to behold when it is complete."

I asked the old man if there was anything I should know or do? He offered only a few things: A massive minotaur will be placed in the maze, a giant turtle will wander freely in the maze as a caretaker, and the flowers and trees will offer peace and calm to those venturing in. The last thing he said was, "If you need any help, everyone will help you proudly if you ask them. Remember your position and status among us!"

I next awoke abruptly as a massive thunderstorm was rocking outside of my house.

No comments: