Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bermuda UFO (2004)

In 2004, I was living and working in Bermuda. During this period I was living at the Bermuda Biological Station for Research. The Bio-Station backed up along a narrow inlet with a private spacious grassy field. At the top of the grassy field by the research buildings was a small open air pub for the researchers. In the evenings the pub would get quite busy as everyone wanted to relax under the stars, grab a few drinks and mingle with others.

In 2004, I was getting my daily evening rum buzz on at the Bio-Station Pub. It was a very packed evening, maybe 25-30 scientists and students. The time was mid-nightish and it was very dark in that area with the sky full of stars. I got my glass of straight black and ice; and I felt the need to lay back and relax on a hammock. The hammock was out in the soft grassy area away from the pub.

As I gazed up at the stars, it was amazingly clear with just a few small passing high atmospheric clouds. I love looking for satellites when it is dark and clear as it was there. I caught a few satellites which in a dumb way excited me. After about ten minutes of scanning the sky, I noticed three yellowish/ white lights to the far south moving in a triangular pattern towards my location. To say the least, I really perked up and left the dreamy mode I was in. I stood up and kept a close eye on these lights moving towards the area. Curiosity was really getting to me as my mind was racing with concepts of what it was (satellites, aircraft, UFO, balloons, space monsters).

Next thing I did was probably the smartest thing I could do. I went back towards the pub and loudly said, "Anyone wanna see a UFO?" About a dozen people followed me laughing and partying on. Sure enough the objects were proceeding in the same direction moving slowly and getting closer. Everyone saw it and began to make rational opinions. As it got almost over head the rest of the pub had flooded out to check it out. We started noticing things: it was one object and as black as the night's sky, there was one faint yellowish light on each of its triangular edges, it made absolutely no noise at all, there was no exhaust trail, it did not all spin or turn, it appeared to glide, there was no way at all to distinguish any structures (just a black-like shadow) with only faint lights to allow the shape to be defined.

As it passed directly overhead everyone was quiet and stunned. It was heading directly towards a very high cloud. At the point it was reaching the cloud we realized that it was very high up in the atmosphere (meaning this thing was huge). As it glided above the cloud it went out of sight. As the seconds passed it never came out of the other side of the cloud. Everyone began to say, wow, its gone. After a minute or so we knew it was gone.

The rest of the evening we sat around debating if it was a secret government aircraft or a UFO. The greatest majority agreed that it was a UFO. Due to its massive size, no noise, no exhaust, completely blacked out like a shadow, and great height in which it was flying it could never be a man made craft. Its size alone had to be 300 yards or so long/ across or maybe even more. Also the fact that roughly 30 people witnessed this was an awesome piece of evidence that what we saw, we really saw. The Bermuda Triangle is truly the Bermuda Triangle.

No comments: